Thursday, January 12, 2012

Imperial Guard: Chimera Conversion

So I have been assembling and converting my Chimera over the past week. Things are going really smooth. I still have all my fingers and I only made one mistake that will require some Plasticard/Greenstuff work to fix, otherwise, everything else has gone together nice and easy. As I was working on the turret I snapped some pictures so thought I would share my quick mod.


The first thing you need to do is cut off the lascannon off of the predator turret. I did it before gluing it together using a new, sharp, Exacto blade.



Next, take the multi-laser and trim the square nub off. Now is a good time for a PSA. It’s probably obvious, but I will point it out anyways. If you are using an Exacto, be VERY CAREFUL! After putting at least 3mm of the tip of the blade into my hand I can tell you that there will be a bunch of blood and it will hurt, a lot.


Ok, after you stop the bleeding, glue that bad boy on however you like. I haven’t glued mine on yet, but I will probably glue it so the rail is above the barrel of the laser.


I also did an aesthetic mod, and this is kind of personal preference but, I shaved off the skulls on the turret and the rear ammo box. I like the plain look the best, partly because it is much more Imperial Guard looking without them and partly because I am not as much of a skull enthusiast as GW.




There you go, all done! You can see that the Chimera tracks are mounted backwards. I didn’t take any pictures, but I accomplished this by flipping the side they were on and trimming away bits of the plastic lip they would slide up against. Basically, it’s the same modification Marshall did with his Chimera’s that I posted about last time.


All that’s left now is to Plasticard and Greenstuff back end where there is a hole that would normally be covered by the tracks and then glue it all together. I still haven’t decided if I will glue the rear door or leave it, I will probably leave it until it annoys me.

Well, that’s all folks! I just started putting together what will probably be a Vendetta and Dave and I got our first game of Dreadfleet in (one of the best games I have played in a while), so expect more posts soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment