Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Dreadfleet and Such

What it's February already?! Man I guess I made it out of the holidays alive. Looks like Valentine's day is just around the corner though so out of the frying pan into the fire I guess.

In last few weeks I've gotten a bunch of work done on my Dwarfs and put together the beginnings of a gaming board. Liable and I also got in a few games of The Dreadfleet. Plus, there's a tournament starting this weekend at Paradox. There's a good bit of excitement and assorted goings on.

I hope to catch some daylight soon and snap some pictures of the progress I've made on my dwarfs. With the  warriors I tried to highlight how they're all citizen soldiers without standard uniforms. This means the whole unit really pops with the variety of colors used.

I mentioned Liable and I have gotten a few matches of The Dreadfleet in. I've loved every game we've played so far. I really love stories about naval combat during the 19th century so the theme alone is a big seller for me. Add in the Warhammer universe and a Dwarf ship that can launch derigibles and it's pure gravy.

Despite my obvious bias I think a lot of people would still like this game. The rules are surprisingly simple without leaving gaping holes yet allowing for a lot of stratgecal depth and creativity. What really surprised is how they managed to engineer the fate cards in such a way as to really make the sea seem like an enemy in itself without it getting in the way of the flow of the game.

The Dreadfleet is fantastic game if you ever get a chance to try it be sure to give it a shot.

David

No comments:

Post a Comment