Saturday, November 5, 2011

How I got hooked on Warhammer

When I started playing Warhammer I was a little more excited than Liable because I've had some experience with these types of games before. My dad has a good size collection of Johnny Reb models and an even large collection of models for a World War 2 game I can't even remember the name of. When my dad and I picked up The Battle for Skull Pass I just figured it'd be fun to give it a shot.

A year later, I have the beginnings of a Dwarf army. My dad is making good progress on his Empire army. And totally unexpected, Liable has a good sized Dark Elf army and is working on a high elf army. I was about ready to give up on the game after a couple of slow games of "The Battle for Skull Pass" hadn't hooked Liable when I suddenly discover he's bought a Dark Elf battalion and has more stuff on the way.

His enthusiasm for the game caught me off gaurd and has now found me reeling to catch-up. I'm still working on settling on a stable list for my dwarfs. This also means I am way behind on ordering models for my dwarfs. Luckily, Liable and the rest of the Warhammer guys at the local game shop, Paradox, don't mind if I use the random Night Goblin and Skaven models as well as assorted pieces of paper or notecards.

In the next few weeks I'll start showing off my progess on painting and assembling my models, talk a bit about how to get started playing the game and try to squeeze in a few battle reports.

No comments:

Post a Comment