Saturday, November 5, 2011

Where are we going with this?


“If you build it, they will come”






I have never watched the whole movie, but I think I get the general idea. A bunch of old dead baseball player ghosts tell a guy to build a baseball field. He can’t because the world is covered in water, something about him being the last mailman on earth who delivers mail to a tribe of Native Americans, and then everyone, including some wolves, plays underwater baseball and all are happy. Who needs IMDB anyways?  I believe that quote fits well because I think this blog will be analogues to most Kevin Costner films, in that, it will be a clearing house for fellow gamers half-baked ideas and the epic stories that could only truly exist in the delusional mind of an institutionalize crazy person (you know what I mean, we have all seen the Untouchables…such fantasy).


So we will have battle reports, strategy articles, painting guides, progress reports, and crazy rants. All of the amazing things that make a Wargaming/General Nerdery blog great.  I know Dave will be contributing articles regularly; hopefully he will introduce himself soon. Having Dave on board is good because I know his posts will add a bunch of much needed credibility to this blog (and proper writing skill).


Along with the two of us writing articles, I will be reaching out to fellow wargamers and hobbyist in the area to contribute articles to the blog. Right now we associate with a small group that meets at one of the local hobby/comic shops, primarily to play WHFB. This group is incredibly dedicated to all varieties of wargaming and have years of experience beyond my own. They should be an incredible resource and I am looking forward to their contributions.


So what’s on the agenda for this week?


Continue to think of blog articles, I would like pump out at least two articles a week. Work will continue on my Dark Elves and I hope to post my main 3000 point list for the world to see (can’t stop tweaking it). Campaign reports! Our gaming group is running a WHFB Board Princes Campaign and I will be including updates on these activities as they happen (we just had a HUGE, approximately 10,000 points siege battle). Dave and I finished a small game last night at my place and I hope to have a battle reports of our games up as soon as possible (trying to find a good battle reporter). Finally, World of Tanks! I came late to this game and while it’s not table top wargaming, it is incredibly addicting (So close to getting my own Tiger tank!) To give you an idea, it is basically Counter-Strike with tanks! It will continue to be a huge time sink for me.


To tide you over until the next article, here are some pics of that siege battle!
The Setup

More Setup Shots
Demon Defenders

Empire Siege Towers

More Setup Shots

Demon Skirmishers Attack! (Notice the Dr. Pepper of DOOM!)

Empire Breaches the Wall!
More Empire Troops Pour In.


Giants Rounding the Corner to Get Into the Battle!



The battle ended with in turn 7 with the Demons holding the center. A good game to watch with plenty of action!

No comments:

Post a Comment