Monday, November 28, 2011

Out for Blood


Last week Liable and I played his Dark Elves against my Dwarfs for 3000 points. I killed 2 of Liable's Hydras in the first turn and finished off the last one in turn 2. Then I focused them on his general but didn't have much luck because he has a reverse armor save.

The general closed ground pretty fast. Liable had him mounted on a pegasus. He tried to ride that damn thing into my left flank. Luckily, I managed to slow him down with my grudge thrower then finally finished him off with my quarllers. Too bad by that time I didn't have much of a flank to defend.

His spearmen, with the help of of the Cauldron of Blood, managed to break my dwarf warriors. It didn't help much they got hit in the right flank by some angry witch elves.

My hammerers managed to crush the witch elves aimed at my left flank. They got slowed so bad though they didn't have a chance to go after anything else.

In the end I just barely slipped past Liable in points. The three hydras, the general, witch elves, and a bolt thrower my miners managed to pull down gave me the points I needed. I lost my warriors, both grudge throwers, the organ gun, and both units of miners. A turn or two more and I probably would've been anhilated. The 6 turn limit allowed me to hold on by the skin of my teeth. In the end we couldn't quite tell who won it was so close it was likely just a draw.

Turn 1: You can get pretty good feel for how our battle lines are set out from this shot. 
Turn 2: Liable's starting his advance towards me. Being the dwarfs I hold my ground and fire at him with my war machines for as long as possible.
Turn 4: I missed turn 3 but basically Liable's spear-men charged my warriors  and his witch elves sought to draw blood from my hammerers. I also lost both of my grudge throwers. One to his general and the other to his witch elves.
Turn 5: My warriors have broken. My hammers took down his witch elves and are attempting to get back in the fight. At this point his general gets a little tangled up between my two cannons and my quarrelers. This gives me a chance to take him down with a blast of grapeshot.  
Turn 6: I attempt to close the ground between my hammerers and the Cauldron of Blood. No such luck  as my dwarfs are too slow. We call the game because not much else can happen this turn.

1 comment:

  1. It was a good fight. Those Corsairs there are pretending to be Witch Elves, otherwise it's wysiwyg.

    I would also add that the Pendent of Khaeleth is what gave my lord the reverse ward save, a very nice item.

    ReplyDelete