Sunday, December 11, 2011

Crushing Defeat

Liable, that SOB, came to the fight today without any wizards. Of course, I always come prepared to fend off all magic casting attempts with two well equipped Runelords. These Runelords are not equipped for fighting. Who would equip a Runelord for fighting? They were equipped for dispelling.

When my warriors got slammed by a massive cavalcade of spearmen loaded for bear with heros and two chariots they broke and ran for the hills. Sure they rallied and killed the two chariots but by that time the damage was done. My BSB and standard bearer were taken and they'd lost 4 ranks. They were a shadow of there former glory. My anvil had been split in twain, twain!

After that my hammerers were left with their flank exposed. Liable lost no time taking advantage. They fought valiantly to the last man. Their courage never waning even as the many spears of the Dark Elves pierced their breasts.

It was a harrowing defeat. I will not soon forget it. It shows how I've let my list get too magically defensive. It's time I start looking at how I can dish out some more damage on the battlefield.
I would like to stay away from gun line strategies. They are tempting but I really like to get my boys into the thick of things. I'm beginning to form a plan to add some more thanes or dwarf lords to the warrior unit.

I think if I can keep that unit together the hammerers should be safer to for about smashing Elf heads.
I'm also considering getting rid of my organ. It's just not pulling it's weight with only 24" of range. Compounding that it keeps blowing up on me and there's nothing I can do to reduce the chance of misfiring. I can't attach an engineer to it or give it ruins of any sort.

I'm far from scrapping my list but some revisions need to be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment