Saturday, December 17, 2011

Nearly Silvered Out

No warhammer this week, not even 40K. Liable got himself infected with some sort of biblical plague. There's talk of vomiting, festering sores, and appendages dropping off. Maybe not. Probably just a cold or something.

In the meantime I had to do something productive, having been denied the pleasure of ripping Liable's army apart. I got to work on painting all the dwarfs I primed a couple months ago. I've been trying to keep the silver dark so I can put highlights on it later.

I don't use the Games Workshop paints because I want my guys to have a little more of a personal touch(plus I'm cheap) so I spend quite a bit of time mixing and experimenting with different colors and tones. I wouldn't recommend it for most people since the GW paints are really nice and immediately make the figures look awesome.

Liable's dudes, for example, look bad ass. Check over some of the earlier posts with his Dark Elves and Hydras. I love how vicious they look. It doesn't take much to imagine them tearing into my Dwarf warriors for some fresh meat.

I still have six more primed guys to put silver on. I keep being surprised at how long it takes to put the paint on each guy. I start out thinking it's only going to take me an hour to finish 16 guys and an hour later I only have, at best, half of them done. It's just silver!

Quite a ways to go on painting these guys but the silver is an improvement over the dull black  primer.
Painting is one of favorite parts of playing Warhammer. Even so, it's hard to get past how daunting it is to look over a table full of models. Getting them done will be worth it though. I can't wait to start putting pictures up here of my fully painted army battling it out.

- DK

No comments:

Post a Comment