Saturday, December 3, 2011

Pondering Imperial Guard



I have been reading the 40K rulebook from the Assault on Black Reach set I picked up. I have to say the rules are very interesting. For one, you only get to use one save. This is different from WHFB’s Armor and Ward save system that lets you use both if you got them. Another interesting rule is how line of sight works. Further, from what I understand you cannot pre-measure in 40k. All this will add a bit more to the learning curve for sure.


So for a while I have been thinking about what army I would play in 40k. I now have it narrowed down to Vanilla Marines and Imperial guard (Eldar appeal to me too, but not as my first army). While I am in no position to purchase an army at this point, I have been building a few lists and have settled on one, in particular, that I like. Maybe after Christmas?

Anyways, I have always it would be cool to have an Air Cav style list and, of course, Imperial Guard are best at this, so this list is for a 1000 point Imperial Guard army if I ultimately decide to go that route.

Company Command Squad: Astropath, Carapace, Med kit, x3 Meltas, Chimera (extra armor and Pintle-mounted Storm Bolter).

Veteran Squad: Carapace, x3 Plasmas
Veteran Squad: Carapace, x3 Plasmas
Veteran Squad: Carapace, x3 Meltas


Vendetta: Bolter Sponsons
Valkyrie: Rocket Pods
Valkyrie: Rocket Pods

Exactly 1000 points.

Thoughts? Comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment